DOT Medical Exam $70
Dr. Christophe Oliveira is NRCME Certified as a Medical Examiner and is experienced and equipped to provide fast and efficient DOT MEDICAL EXAMS and provide a Medical Examiner's Certificate immediately after successful completion of these SIMPLE tests.
After you complete and sign your medical history form or “long form” a.k.a (Medical Examination Report For Commercial Driver Fitness Determination), a complete physical examination will be performed by your certified medical examiner as per requirements of The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Is Your New Jersey DOT Physical Examination Stressing You Out?
Know what the physical requirements are for commercial driving to know what your doctor will be looking for during your DOT Physical in New Jersey or other location.
Vision: At least 20/40 acuity in each eye with or without correction(eyeglasses or contacts) reading the Snellen Chart, and at least 70 degrees of peripheral vison on the horizontal meridian in each eye. Driver must also be able to recognize and distinguish standard traffic signals red, green and amber colors.
Hearing: You Must perceive a forced whisper voice at 5 feet or more with or without hearing aid. Otherwise, you must undergo a formal hearing test with an audiometer and pass.
Blood Pressure: Driver qualified if less than 140/90. If your blood pressure is more than 140/90 but less than 180/110, you may qualify for a shorter interval depending on whether this is an initial or re-certification and also on your medical examiner’s discretion.
What Medical Conditions Can Disqualify a Driver?
- History of epilepsy (seizure disorder).
- Diabetes requiring the use of insulin (unless you have an exemption issued by the Federal government).
- If you don’t meet the minimum vision and hearing standards listed above, even with the help of corrective lenses or a hearing aid) you may be disqualified.
If you don’t meet the vision standards or you are using insulin for your diabetes it is also possible to apply for an exemption by going to the Federal Diabetes and Vision Exemption Program at the FMCSA website.
- Medications: Use of methadone is automatically disqualifying. Use of a narcotic, amphetamine,or other habit forming drug without a prescription from a treating physician is disqualifying.
- Loss or impairment of an arm or limb that interferes with commercial driving or tasks related to driving,
- Unless accompanied by a Skills Performance Certificate (SPE).
- A driver with a history of alcoholism is disqualifying.
DOT Physical Exam: $70 - Lodi, NJ
DOT Physical Exam: $70 - Perth Amboy, NJ
We will always strive to be the most affordable option for all the hard working drivers. Thank you for your continued confidence and we will work hard to make this process as painless possible.
Call 973-472-7465 to schedule or get more information