DOT Physcial Exam $80
Dr. Thomas Cattafi is NRCME Certified as a Medical Examiner and is equipped to provide fast and efficient DOT MEDICAL EXAMS. A Medical Examiner’s Certificate is issued immediately after a successful completion of these tests.
✓ Complete and sign your medical history form or “long form” a.k.a (Medical Examination Report For Commercial Driver Fitness Determination)
✓ Complete physical examination that is performed by your certified medical examiner as per requirements of The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Is Your New Jersey DOT Physical Examination Stressing You Out?
Know what the physical requirements are for commercial driving to know what your doctor will be looking for during your DOT Physical in New Jersey or other location.
What Medical Conditions Can Potentially Disqualify a Driver?*
- History of epilepsy (seizure disorder).
- Diabetes requiring the use of insulin (unless you have an exemption issued by the Federal government).
- If you don’t meet the minimum vision and hearing standards listed above, even with the help of corrective lenses or a hearing aid) you may be disqualified. If you don’t meet the vision standards or you are using insulin for your diabetes it is also possible to apply for an exemption by going to the Federal Diabetes and Vision Exemption Program at the FMCSA website.
- Medications: Use of methadone is automatically disqualifying. Use of a narcotic, amphetamine,or other habit forming drug without a prescription from a treating physician is disqualifying.
- Loss or impairment of an arm or limb that interferes with commercial driving or tasks related to driving,
- Unless accompanied by a Skills Performance Certificate (SPE).
- A driver with a history of alcoholism is disqualifying.
*guidelines and regulations are continuously updateing. check FMSCA for up to date information.
We will always strive to be the most affordable option for all the hard working drivers. Thank you for your continued confidence and we will work hard to make this process as painless possible.